Monday, March 23, 2009

This is a test for a feature I am working on.

Alyson Footer's blog. Info for Pudge and Wandy.
clipped from footer.mlblogs.com
Wandy Rodriguez's next start was pushed back a day, and now the left-hander is tentatively expected to throw on Tuesday.
Rodriguez hurt the tip of the index finger on his left hand after being hit with a comebacker during his start against the Mets last Thursday.
"I was able to keep pitching in the game after it hit me," said Rodriguez, who gave up five runs (one earned) on three hits and two walks over two innings Thursday. "It just hurts a lot and feels like it's going to bleed when I throw my curveball. I even tried to [poke] it with a needle (Saturday night) to get the blood out of there, but the blood is still on the tip."
Because he digs that index finger into the ball when he he throws his curveball, he cannot pitch through this injury, as he discovered during a recent bullpen session.
 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment