Thursday, April 9, 2009

Brandon Backe throws like a girl...still

So Backe may not be Backe for a while...or something like that. interpret it how you would like. Let's skip the part where I show you the article and give you my thoughts....so now for my thoughts......See ya Backe....that's pretty much it in a nutshell. So he threw like 40 pitches and gave the cliche statement any pitcher gives when trying to re-bound from an injury....something to the effect of: I was just trying to get used to the mound and re-acquaint myself with the rubber. bla, bla, bla.

Honestly, I don't think we need him with the exception of when/if Hampton or Ortiz or Moehler or Wan-Rod or Oswalt gets hurt. OK, so we need him...damn it.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of those philosophical conundrums. Do we need him? Well, every team uses seven or eight starters in the season. He is probably as good as Jose Capellan or Bud Norris (meaning he is as bad as them). I have some hope for Arias, but due to the lack of depth he will likely see some time this year.

    ReplyDelete