Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wandy feels no pain...ever. Injury Update

Wandy Rodriguez threw a 40 pitch session and reported no pain.

"I threw 40 pitches, and I didn't feel anything," Rodriguez said. "I feel good."

Rodriguez has been out since mid February with a strained muscle on his left side. Although I can't say that Backe and Rodriguez are the same as far as recovery time, this might give you some insight as to how long Backe may be out of the picture. Undoubtedly, Backe will come back eventually and be way behind in conditioning, thus giving up HR's left and right. I'm not going to lie, I sure hope he doesn't come back at all. Just my thoughts.

On a injury blog note:

Outfielder Jason Michaels, who strained a hamstring over the weekend, said he's "improving," and according to manager Cecil Cooper, he could play as early as Friday.

"I ran a little and took [batting practice]," Michaels said. "I'm just being careful. I don't want this to be a problem. If there's any time to maybe have a little strain, it's early in Spring Training."

Outfielder Reggie Abercrombie (fractured toe) ran side to side without issue on Tuesday, and he too could be back on the field by Friday. Cooper, however, said he'll probably hold Abercrombie out until Saturday.

"They want to wait until after the day off [Thursday], and I guess that makes sense," Abercrombie said. SOURCE:MLB.com


Just as I saw the injury of death roll in, I realized the shadow is now gone and with Carlos Lee coming back things may just turn around soon. Let's hope for big things from Lee, who hasn't shown to much sparkle in the WBC.




No comments:

Post a Comment